PDA

View Full Version : matrox parhelia card?

anthonymcgrath
07-30-2002, 01:24 PM
hopefully, someone will confirm my belief in this site by not proving to be a novice with a cracked copy of maya and spending their time on the maya forum by being able to answer this question...

We've just ordered the Matrox Parhelia board. We use afx extensively and want to know if its possible to use that cards dualhead capabilities to display the composition window on an external monitor/television?
My end result is I want my composition window to fill the monitor/tv and the rest of the bumpff that goes with it (timeline,etc...) on the original monitor?

where can I find this out. went to matrox.com but its filled with so much shatt that I cant find a thing.

cheers.

antonis04
07-31-2002, 11:10 AM
why don't you e-mail matrox? (or/and Adobe?)

anthonymcgrath
07-31-2002, 01:11 PM
yes. thats a good idea why dont I do that? again.

wondering if anyone can actually answer this question...or would I get more response off the maya forum after all everyone seems to be on there.

JLF
04-27-2003, 06:22 AM
I guess by now you have found out how to use Parhelia's TV-out features with After Effects but in case you haven't here are some links showing AFX with Parhelia on dual monitor setup plus TV. Matrox has a WYSIWYG plug-in you can download on their site to do this with After Effects but some applications like Premiere don't even require plug-ins.

http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/video/sw_effects/aftereffects/home.cfm

Also if you ever want to output to a TV from an application that doesn't support this feature you can always use the Zoom tool in their Powerdesk to get around this.

arvid
05-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Any chans that the WYSIWYG plugin will work in combustion and DF which can handle a lot of 3rd party AE plugs? (or that matrox will make more plugs :D)

anthonymcgrath
05-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Thanx JLF. I've since removed said shatt Parhelia Card as this WYSIWIG plugin wasn't available when we purchased the card about 6months ago!!!

anyway, am in process of re-registering as MATROX SEEMED TO HAVE FORGOTTEN WE ARE CUSTOMERS AND NO LONGER HAVE A LOGIN!! CHEERS GUYS.

but thanx again anyway. will setup new pc system with card and monitor hoohaa.

I'm off to trump last nights curry out.
thanx
ant

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.