PDA

View Full Version : Animation prob in blender

MasterChief54924
07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
I noticed that in the latest version of Blender, when I try to make an animation, either the rotation, location, or scale gets all messed up. In the movie i am trying to make, I am using a Loc, Rot, keyframe for every object every ten frames. When I put a keyframe at frame 30, the Rotation of all the objects and the camera gets messed up and they rotate around for no reason. If i use a Loc, Rot, Scale, the scale gets messed up. Anyone else experienced this problem or know how to fix it?

bbirras
07-21-2004, 08:52 PM
did you try to clean up the ipo curves
delete unwanted ipo-curves/actions

check if there is a link data/ob ipo/etc
animation in blender is sometimes a bit of a :hmm:
but there is allways a reason for strange behavior
did you try your scene in another version?
are you sure it is a version specific prob.?

MasterChief54924
07-22-2004, 12:04 AM
It is not version specific. And it happens only when I go past frame 21. If it only goes to 21 it doesn't happen. I looked at the ipo curve stuff but i dont really understand how to use it. Ive never used it before tho I did the ipo tutorial.

bbirras
07-22-2004, 03:56 AM
a well here we go
just play around with it in edit mode and you will get the hang of it.

check the resource link here and the online manual for detailed explanation
I bet u messed something up

Just start a new scene and append every object one by one and chck their ipo/actions
this might help

MasterChief54924
07-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Well this is interesting: I only have to select the object in question with the ipo window open, and the problem goes away! Very weird. Thanks for the help!

ps were you able to see the pict i posted?

bbirras
07-26-2004, 02:51 AM
no
at least you solved it

harkyman
07-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Were you making IPO Curves and setting keys by hand in a 3D window, or doing through Python? I've (and submitted fixes) for a problem with IPO curve creation from Python. If you actually view the curve on screen (going into and out of editmode), it fixes it. Otherwise, the handles are all screwed up.

Pier from Italy
07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Have you ever tryed to use the N key to move androtate the mash instead to use the G and R key?
Once I was searching for a way to make the animation of a wheel. I rotate the wheel with R then i pushed I -> Loc,Rot... but the rot cannot be over 360 deg.
So I used the N key and I write the R position to 360 at frame X, 720 at frame 2X etc...

Maybe this is not your problem, but i spent any hour to find the solution...:shrug:

Apollux
07-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Have you ever tryed to use the N key to move androtate the mash instead to use the G and R key?
Once I was searching for a way to make the animation of a wheel. I rotate the wheel with R then i pushed I -> Loc,Rot... but the rot cannot be over 360 deg.
So I used the N key and I write the R position to 360 at frame X, 720 at frame 2X etc...

Maybe this is not your problem, but i spent any hour to find the solution...:shrug:

The wheel rotation problem could have been solved easily by setting the rotation IPO to infinite extend mode :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.