PDA

View Full Version : Drownin city

RVG
07-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Well I'm a novice and don't know much about drawin. Many of my post haven't been seen by people becuz they just ignore my work

But i'll keep on tryin. I need Critics and this is the only way.

Plz this time tell me what u think, plz just some words, don't just ignore it, plz!!! Is the best drawing I've ever done in my whole life

http://www.galeon.com/rvg/color/selection/Drownincity.jpg

japangreg
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey, RVG.

As you can probably tell from my post count, I don't post here very much; but I do visit daily because I see a ton of very exceptional work here.

I think that what you have here is a great drawing; I particularly like the reflection in the river. I get the impression from looking at this that the drawing was much smaller than the image posted here; what were the originally dimensions?

I only have one small crit for this, it seems that the perspective on the building on the left and the bridge look a little strange, like they aren't retreating to a vanishing point but expanding as they get further away.

All in all, good work; keep it up.

Squibbit
07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
yea the perspective looks odd ,stuff seems to expand backward while at the same time
getting smaller with distance

otherwise , the old damaged ruins look with the little details is very good

RVG
07-21-2004, 03:54 PM
:bounce: Wow!! Thx a lot 4 the critics!! I've noticed what u were talkin about

The original dimension of the image is 2701x2471.

Well in fact I did it from 2 focus points, but one of them was bellow, and that's why that odd vision u say is appearin there (well, i guess u'll see it in the image).

http://www.galeon.com/rvg/persp.jpg

What would u suggest me?? should I only use one focus, or maybe change the positions of one of the focus points to correct the problem?

Thanks for ur attention!!!

yerxa
07-21-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm new to the world of Computer Art, but now art all together. Something doesn't add up in the lines of the sign, what point are they going too? Minor detail but you might want to correct your spelling on the sign also.

I'm not sure that those two points are the best choice for the picture, I'll agree with other and say that it makes things look wrong. The bridge, for example, looks to be getting smaller as it gets closer, which is not something the eye is used to seeing. You might try moving the bottom point up so that they are equal distances from the edge of the page, or scrape the bottom point altogether.

Other then the points not making sense, it's a good drawing, would love to see it fixed and colored.

japangreg
07-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I think that point in the lower right should be in the upper left, no?

I know next to nothing about art, etc., but I usually have a pretty good eye for perspective and something tells me that if you were going to use another point to draw segmentations of the line from the upper-right, they should originate from the upper-left.

RVG
07-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks to everybody very much!!!

Now I see my big error: you're 100% right, the 2nd focus point should be in the upper left corner so everything lasts in a unique point and the effect is produced on a right way... Oh damn!!!

Well once again I thank everybody. Maybe I'll try again on a 2nd drawing this perspective stuff.

You're really good guys ;)

Ilikesoup
08-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I was just looking through some of the older posts and found this. Not sure if RVG will read this, but what the hey. I've been reading David Chelsea's PERSPECTIVE! FOR COMIC BOOK ARTISTS and I highly recommend it. Anyway, when doing a picture in two-point perspective:

Your eye level is at the horizon line.
Vanishing points are always on the horizon line.

I like the picture, though. It's got a nice level of detail. I assumed that all the buildings had sloped roofs so the rain would run off into the canal or something. Of course, the one intact roof on the little house at center should be horizontal even if the house is on uneven ground.

RVG
08-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Thx for yr suggestions Ilikesoup, I really appreciate that even at this time still there is someone who has seen my work.

I made a very big mistake. I just was tryin to mix techniques but this drawin definetely got bad.

I'm planning to do some similar stuff but with only one point persp.

where can i find that book u say, by the way??

thanku very much people from CGTalk
;)

mecos
08-11-2004, 01:24 AM
well i guess everyone agrees the perspective is all wrong. i thought it was a radial plan city myself.

i think the backwards perspective is kind of interesting. it's definitely been a subject in architecture, you can look a diller and scofidio's work. they did a residence were the perspective works backwards when you enter the house. in their process they reversed perspective drawings to come up with their plan.

i think you should continue with your mistake and turn it into a way of working. it's similar to the kind of stuff escher would be interested on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.