PDA

View Full Version : Slc-Mas WIP

Pier from Italy
07-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi,
here is my last wip, made for a friendly contest at blender.it.
I would like to recive any comments and suggestion on how to improve this scene...

http://utenti.lycos.it/mattioli/Gondor+Slc.jpg
The submarine shoud be the Gondard (2WW) and the other 2 "little submarine" are the famous slc.

Thankyou for your suggestions!

frigger
07-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Looks good :thumbsup:

You may wish to add some distrtion from the wake of the subs, and maybe some small particals in the water to give it depth/volume.

Pier from Italy
07-21-2004, 10:38 AM
I tryed to use a spot with halo setting, but the halo is too short ... I tryed to move clip end but the halo cone do not seems to be affected by these settings!
Also I thik that this water is not deep...
You say to use particles? It can be a good idea, now I try!

Apollux
07-21-2004, 10:07 PM
First thing is that the lighthing is so scarse that I couldn't make heads or tails from the picture. Had to load it into a 2D program and tweak the brigtnesst and contrast just to understand the image. This is specially important since your scene doesn' t take place too deep (as you said), so why so few ligthing?

After that, you should reconsider the color palette. Too much blue and black. Seems like the background, the divers and the submarine are made from the same material (and all they share the same lighting-response properties.. big NO NO).

As a by-product from the above, they all have the same bump mapping.. seems odd.

This is it.. feel free to slap me in the face or tell me to SFUC now. happy blending :D

Pier from Italy
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
I uploaded this image just to take more feedbacks about my work, so all your comments are welcome!!!:thumbsup:

The light is scarse couse the wather darkness, but probably I made it too dark... I'll modify the illumination...

The materals of the submarine, of the mini-submarine and of the pilots are different, and also the bump-map is not the same, maybe they seems to be the same material couse I add an extra blu ambient color... I can try to modify this and add ligth power to the lamps and the AO...
This prbably affect the too dark and blue colors.
Now I.ve got a few minutes to try a new render, the I'll upload it and I want other comments like Apollux one!

Fell free to insult my work!!!:bounce:

http://utenti.lycos.it/mattioli/man.jpg

bbirras
07-24-2004, 02:03 AM
good models and scene...but
where is the water?
maybe
http://www.freewebs.com/kenblending/
helps

Pier from Italy
07-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm taking a look at the site...
Are your works bbirras?
:eek:

Now i'm working on the background as I saw in the blend i found on the main page of the site and also on the mist factor... The results are mutch more good!!! Thankyou! Now I want to try with the caustic... then i'll post the results!

Thank you, I wate for more C&C!!!

bbirras
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
no not my stuff....
underwaterscenes do have a lot of DOF..there is a z-blurr plug in and some tricks to apply DOF
is it a still or part of an anim?

if still consider render in layers and apply a blur in gimp/PS for the sub ( for an anim its a lot of work, but there might be a script for gimp...)

does anyone know of a script to apply an effect to a certain amount of frames in gimp....?
what is that called again ? batch somethin? i ll check on that ...

Pier from Italy
07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Maybe you can try with cinegimp also called cinepaint... But I cannot find any avi support to open animation in gimp and cinepaint... cinelerra can be usefull to do somthing like you say?

Pier from Italy
07-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Here is the slc with a little of water ...
what do you think? Now I go away for holydays (YEAH!!! :buttrock:) But when I'll come back I I would like to see more C&C here... I know that my work is not good, but i want to become a good blender!
Thanks to all!!!

Pier
http://utenti.lycos.it/mattioli/mas.jpg

bbirras
07-27-2004, 06:00 AM
But I cannot find any avi support to open animation in gimp and cinepaint...
you render in .tga or .png or .jpg or .bmp
and then open them as contiuous frames...
then u open them in gimp and use a script plug in that allows you to apply a certain effect on every frame.....

much easyer with video editing prog tho

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.