PDA

View Full Version : Best Render Farm management?

Socr8s
07-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Just trying to get a feel for what people have used for render management. I'm not worried about cost at the moment, just trying to see what my options are. It would be just to render with Maya software only and since this is the Rendering thread, i thought what better place to ask this. Please chime in and tell me what ya'll think. Thanks.

MODELUS
07-22-2004, 06:49 AM
I'm also interested. I'm not very knowledgeable with the concept of a render farm though. Does it required for all the individual machines to have a copy of Maya? My understanding is that there would be a Maya installed on a main server and all the slaves in the render farm would have a very light client that would receive data to be computed. Correct me if I'm wrong. Actually, is there any website that actually describes how these farms are setup?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

comadreja
10-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Hello,

as main developer of DrQueue I will recommend you to give it a try. It's pretty stable and everyday gets better, also is GPL'ed.

http://www.drqueue.org

Hope you like it.

Best wishes,

Jorge

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.