View Full Version : Ipod
07-20-2004, 07:47 AM
i got done with my ipod about a month ago to as far as i could get it on my own
i think im about ready for a crit now
the poly count is just over 4k
and heres the rendered image
07-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey SPIDER2544, it looks like your ipod has been shot underwater theres far to many ripples, and your corners dont look right...other than that you've modeled all the details...Heres my attempt by the way...ive cheated the buttons on mine and used booles and out the box primatives instead of Hypernerbs.
nice but shouldn't the glasy backside have more depth to it?
the same goes for the schreen, those two look like flat surfaces whils irl they are covered in a transparent layer of plastic.( and its 6the dep6th in this layer i miss.)
I see two problems with the mesh.
1. The top corners aren't straight, you can tell by the reflection.
2. The earphone jack also needs work. Use more polys to define the shape before smoothing it.
The buttons are awesome, great job with those.
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
pretty good capture of an ipods texture and color. but here's the real question, is that the 15g model or the 20g??
07-26-2004, 01:42 AM
ok heres an update and at this point it gets harder and harder to see what gets improved on but heres what i fixed based on the crits here and DA
-fixed the corners (they were a bit to rounded)
- head phone logo texture added to the top (im dumb and forgot it hhaha)
- used a luminocity square to help wiht reflections on the render
- straightend out the sides they were a bit distorted
- fixed the input jack next to the head phone jack
heres the image do you guys think its ready for the finished gallery ?
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.