PDA

View Full Version : The Gnomon Workshop Releases 6 DVD's and 3 New Bundles

Leonard
07-20-2004, 01:40 AM
The Gnomon Workshop (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com) releases 6 new DVDís, new Analog bundles and will exhibit at major conferences Comic-Con and SIGGRAPH 2004. In conjunction with Design Studio Press, The Gnomon Workshop introduces six new titles to the library by extraordinary concept designers Mark Goerner and Neville Page.

>> Announcement and DVD Titles << (http://www.cgnetworks.com/story.php?story_id=2252)
>> The Gnomon Workshop << (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com)

http://www.cgnetworks.com/press_releases/2004_7/gnomon/page.jpg

http://www.cgnetworks.com/press_releases/2004_7/gnomon/goerner.jpg

erilaz
07-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Ooooh! I love the analog bundles! So much useful information crammed into such a little shiny object. Watch me go and convince the boss to buy them forthwith! :D

(Can I be really anal and say there should be no apostrophe in "DVD's"? I know it's really petty of me...)

kgb
07-20-2004, 02:34 AM
I ordered mine today. I guess its my christmas/birthday present from myself to myself.

ambas
07-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Those DVDs are beautiful! Only if i had the money.

disdathit
07-20-2004, 03:20 AM
its true u know, no apostraphe in dvds leonard.

(plus, i wanted the chance to say 'ANAL' :p)

ty19345
07-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Those dvd are so good. I have watched several Feng Zu's concept design.

There is always something that you will find out useful. highly recommended !!

johngloid
07-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Nice! I'll probably be picking these up in the very near future. Always up for a few new tips and tricks to maximize workflow.

On another note, should CGtalk have a little note stating their partnership with Gnomon? Kinda like how news agencies, whenever they report about their parent company (re: NBC & GE), they always notify the viewer that they are, in fact, owned by the company they are reporting about.

Endorsing such things on the front page for a share of profits is cool, but I think it would be better for the whole community to see that there is such a partnership, and money is being made off of such a advertisement on the cgtalk.com frontpage.

It just seems like the right thing to do.

hairel
07-20-2004, 04:26 AM
wonderful! i like them very much!

ntmonkey
07-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Ooooh! I love the analog bundles! So much useful information crammed into such a little shiny object. Watch me go and convince the boss to buy them forthwith! :D

(Can I be really anal and say there should be no apostrophe in "DVD's"? I know it's really petty of me...)
What are you gonna do to convince your boss? Slip him a rufie and play a recording of you saying "Gnomon, Gnomon, it's a need. Spend that money, yes, indeed!" ???

peace,

Lu

SheepFactory
07-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Awesome as always.

Thanks Alex and the gang for releasing such great training material! :)

AlexAlvarez
07-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Johngloid...

umm, Gnomon / CGnetworks are separate companies. Yes, we work together on things sometimes, as we share similar visions for how to grow and help our community. But there is no obligation on their part to plug us... just so you know. I appreciate very much that CGnetworks supports us in the ways that they do, but I believe it is in response to the efforts we make to produce the highest quality training possible.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. :)

-Alex

erilaz
07-20-2004, 05:39 AM
What are you gonna do to convince your boss? Slip him a rufie and play a recording of you saying "Gnomon, Gnomon, it's a need. Spend that money, yes, indeed!" ???

peace,

Lu
Nah, we'll just spend about half a day trying to work out how to convince HIS bosses to give us the cash to get it! :D

Rezz
07-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Mark Goerner is an awesome artist- he substituted a few weeks for our fengs class while he was working on eps 3 and mark is really great artist.

Icarus
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
ahhh lovely..

looking foward to possibly gettin genough money to purchase, quality stuff you guys are producing, keep it up!

blax_ed
07-20-2004, 08:41 AM
I already got the Digital Bundle and some of the Analogs..

do u guys think that Gnomon is dropping the prices after the Siggraph... 69 USD is not sooo much... but for a student ...
i know they are having special Educational offers.. but thats the same the complete Bundle cost about 1600 Euro...

2-LE
07-20-2004, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=johngloid]
Endorsing such things on the front page for a share of profits is cool, but I think it would be better for the whole community to see that there is such a partnership, and money is being QUOTE]

:wise: maybe you should ask about facts first?
anyway what would be wrong in that. You think that servers and bulletin boards run themselves?

bRyaN2003
07-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Alex you da man...

Chattin with you at Austin was cool...these new bundles are fantastic...
Keep em coming...

madmanmagic
07-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Alex,
Can you tell us if you are getting together Maya specific DVDs?

I appreciate these take a long time to produce, but your stuff if top notch and I would love to see more, much more Maya modeling, Rigging, Character Animation.

Daniel Schecket or Cameron Hood or yourself!

Biting off all of my nails in anticipation of GNOMON Maya DVDs!

Pleese
Dan

alexentremont
07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Yes, please Alex, more rigging and UV mapping stuff, and something about Mental Ray!!!!!

Zemorph
07-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Alex, I agree with some of the othersÖ

The analog DVDís are great but ATM I am looking for more Maya specific DVDís. Specifically, ďhow toĒ complex animation in Maya & complex Trax cycles in Maya. I have Cameronís animation DVDís and there a great start but now I am to the point of learning more in depth techniques.

It would also be great to see some DVDís on muscles systems in Maya and also advanced facial animation setups.

Please!!!

Branko
07-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Want + Need rolled up into one.

-rasdasa *slobbering*

AlexAlvarez
07-21-2004, 03:05 AM
Peeps...

We have 12 production artists developing titles for our Digital library, but the Workshop has been busy over the last three months moving into a new 4000 sqft production office... yep, 4000 sqft devoted just to DVD production... not including the 8000 sqft that represents the Gnomon School. We have also hired four full time staff members for the Gnomon Workshop to move things forward... I can't give any details until Siggraph, but yes, we will be releasing a lot of new titles in the months to come. A lot of exciting things ahead! While this year has thus far been dedicated to the Analog library, we are just as committed to our Digital library. Just have patience. :)

-Alex

Zemorph
07-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Peeps...

We have 12 production artists developing titles for our Digital library, but the Workshop has been busy over the last three months moving into a new 4000 sqft production office... yep, 4000 sqft devoted just to DVD production... not including the 8000 sqft that represents the Gnomon School. We have also hired four full time staff members for the Gnomon Workshop to move things forward... I can't give any details until Siggraph, but yes, we will be releasing a lot of new titles in the months to come. A lot of exciting things ahead! While this year has thus far been dedicated to the Analog library, we are just as committed to our Digital library. Just have patience. :)

-Alex

Sounds great!

Canít wait for Siggraph! Until then, I am saving up :thumbsup:

AmeKi
07-21-2004, 08:07 AM
well that sounds really great...

looking forward to that ;)

madmanmagic
07-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Yippee - can't wait.

Thanks for explanation re. DVD production, sounds like cool stuff ahead!

My_Fault
07-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Alex, you've done a brilliant job with the analog library. Thanks again for providing DVD's at the Austin workshop. It was great to see you part of such an awesome event. You rock!

Pinoy McGee
07-21-2004, 05:49 PM
You guys at Gnomon and DSP probably are aware of this already but the shaky cam in Harald's freehand drawing DVD is pretty distracting and painful to watch (it got better in the second half though).

Lighting in James Clyne's sketch DVD is perfect.

Another thing you're probably aware of too is the plastic hub of some of the DVD cases are cracked (at least in the last analog batch that I've received). You can hear clicking sounds when you shake them.

ENIAC
07-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Those DVDs are beautiful! Only if i had the money.
yeh, only if i had the money...:sad:

ambas
07-22-2004, 12:32 AM
yeh, only if i had the money...http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/sad.gif
yeah man... why does education have to be so expensive

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.