PDA

View Full Version : QuadroFX 1100 Outputing To Tape

scadbrad
07-19-2004, 09:42 PM
I am interested in getting a Quadro FX 1300, which has the same connectors as the 1100 and Im trying to find out what cables or adapters I need to output to tape. This is for a PC. I called NVIDIA this morning and they said that only the Quadro FX 500 can output to tape and that it was not possible on any of their other cards. That sound kind of rediculous to me. I called back, hoping to get someone else and they directed me to PNY's techical automated system that goes in circles.

Does anyone know what cables or adapters I need? Does it go from the card to the TV. Or is it from the card to the VCR?

Thanks!

dudders
07-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Here's a similar thread: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=155143&highlight=output

you may need a tv out card.

scadbrad
07-20-2004, 07:05 PM
well I think I need a separate capture card. Thats what Im starting to think. I talked to PNY this morning and he suggested that I get a separate card. side by side just put it in the PCI slot. Its really hard to get a straight answer from anyone. He said he really doesnt know and has never heard of anyone trying to output video. He's only heard of people trying to input. Thats crazy. No one knows what they're talking about and its ridiculous. They are in the business of selling this stuff and they cant even tell me what I need to output video.

scadbrad
07-21-2004, 07:29 PM
the Quadro 1300 is DVI-I + DVI-I + 3 pin stereo. I found a company called cablestogo.com and they said thay by using the DVI to VGA cable that comes with the card in combination with one of their converters like their AITech MAXVIEW CINEMA KIT
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2011&sku=27388
They said that this should do it. I hope so. I guess I'll give it a shot.

Alloy
07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
If you're serious about outputting (I assume) a demo reel to tape, get an output card. You won't have to worry about audio sync, and the framerate will be a lot more consistent during playback of the video. Quality will also be better - although it will still suck.

Proximus
07-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Or use a firewire conection and a DV camera and output the footage directly from Premiere,

stephen2002
07-24-2004, 03:03 AM
If you're serious about outputting (I assume) a demo reel to tape, get an output card. You won't have to worry about audio sync, and the framerate will be a lot more consistent during playback of the video. Quality will also be better - although it will still suck.
I've been using the TV-Outs on laptops and converter boxes for quite some time and have never had any problems with quality or AV Sync, espeically with video sources. If you are going to have AV Sync issues with playback through your graphics card then you will probably have issues with an output card.

Roh
07-25-2004, 04:46 AM
if you have a dvd burner, you can burn it on dvd and then play it on the the dvd player and hook up the dvd player with vcr.. so when u play the dvd jut hit record on the vcr .. so now you have your thing on tape.. ^_^

that's what i do with my demo.. and it looks good =)

alexyork
07-25-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=151673&highlight=AverMedia

That's the thread you're looking for :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.