PDA

View Full Version : Audio Formats Compatible with LW

studiomiguel
07-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Does anyone know the formats that are compatible with LWs audio channel feature? And yes Bytehawk... I looked in the manual...8-):thumbsup:

Noteably I wonder if mp3s work. I've tried in the past with limited results.. limited meaning my computer (G4) kept crashing......

8-(

M

studiomiguel
07-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Well, if you were wondering (I know you all were 8-) ) .wave is the only format that I can get to work with the audio plugin. (That IS in the manual bytehawk old buddie ;) )

The graph editor runs reeeeaaallly slowly with this applied. Is it just my setup or is this anyone elses experience?

M

Eugeny
07-30-2002, 03:02 PM
U work on Mac, so dosen't any Quick Time formates not working ?

Mike RB
07-30-2002, 03:37 PM
try reducing the size of your wav to a point where its still useable but tiny, 8bit mono... 11khz, whatever. That may help. Then In the final comp in premiere or whatever put the good sound file back in.

studiomiguel
07-30-2002, 09:42 PM
so far eugeny only wav has functioned correctly.... mp3 crashes my machine and the aiff seems to have the same effect.....

Mr RB.... nice suggestion.... I'd put money on the fact that the reason that the wav file didn't crash my mac (as opposed to the aiff file) was because of the file size.... I'm going to try stripping my sound down to the nuts and bolts to see what I get.

Ah'll let ya' know!

M

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.