View Full Version : Photogenics HDR!

Chris
07-30-2002, 02:44 AM
the Photogenics HDR trial is available for download at

http://www.idruna.com/

:bounce:

alphatron
07-31-2002, 10:04 PM
The trial told me I had exceeded my 30 day trial before I even opened the program :annoyed:

Chris
08-01-2002, 04:01 AM
The blasted thing did that for me too, I emailed Paul Nolan about it & he's fixed it. The download is about half the size now (1.8meg) & it works fine. Really fine. Its soo cool!

Painting in HDR is just awesome, try painting media on a surface then over a bright light, you sort of see the paint flow slowely up the energy levels - its too much! Theres a great 'fire' painting mode where you can basically paint your own light sources! For making HDR there is this great mode called 'rub out' or something, so if you take 2 shots, 90 deg apart, then transform them both into longitude/latitude format (rotating one 90deg in 3d so the details line up), if you then place one HDR under the other in photogenics, you can paint out all the distortion & camera... I'm so buying this application!! :bounce: :bounce:

alphatron
08-01-2002, 07:29 AM
It does sound great... but also very expensive compared to the regular $80 Photogenics price tag.

alphatron
08-01-2002, 08:40 AM
Is there a feature (a la HDRShop) that lets you take your photograph of a chrome ball and then turn it into a lattitude/longitude image?

Chris
08-02-2002, 01:45 AM
not yet, but he's working on it...

Pedro
08-02-2002, 06:21 PM
I keep hearing about these HDR's. Could someone please explain to me in brief words what exactly they are? As I understood them, they're basically normal images but they store light information in addition to color of the pixel?

I'm sorry, but I've been using Animation Master for the last year and I'm getting out of the loop. :P

lowkey
08-05-2002, 04:20 PM
well, generally speakin, HDRi captures all available light information from a scene and stores it in a spherical image file, which then is usable as lightsource for any 3d setup.

there's no more need for setting exposure-times and such for all of the lightfield data is already contained.

therefore it is even possible to dynamically change exposure after the image has already been taken.

check out www.spheron.com/products/HDRI/hdri.html#vs for more detailed information ... i simply can't explain it too well !

:hmm:

jThorngren
08-07-2002, 08:40 AM
Theres another little document about HDRI and similar here:
http://www.trinisica.com/sub_learn_typedissue.asp?lv=3&mode=1&issue=002

Looking forward to a good HDR editor .. to say the least ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.