PDA

View Full Version : How to create a preset

kangonto
07-19-2004, 10:33 AM
I've created a textured environment but i'm not able to create a preset.

I've opened the presets window but there's no option to add a preset to this window.

Please, help.

evenflcw
07-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Doubleclick the preview render (the one showing either a ball or a box with the active texture on it) OR turn on VIPER, render once, then doubleclick the VIPER window. This will create a preset aswell, but instead of a ball or box in the thumbnail for the preset, it'll show whatever was in the VIPER render.

kangonto
07-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks, In Textured Environment there was no thumbnail for the texture, so i couldn't use the first method.

Remi
07-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Or when saving out a srf file...just change the extension to .prt I believe:)

roguenroll
07-19-2004, 11:24 PM
i think its .pst

JoshD
07-19-2004, 11:59 PM
I recently found that if I hit "s" while a surface is selected it adds it to the preset window. Makes it much faster to add a bunch of them.

Along those lines, anyone know of a fast way to apply presets to a model? Usually all the surfaces have the exact same name as the presets I have saved out, so I was hoping there was a script that could just run through same-named surface/preset names and link them up. Is it a dream, or is there some fast way to apply presets to surfaces?

roguenroll
07-20-2004, 02:31 AM
nope, I think there is one, check flay.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.