PDA

View Full Version : Illustration: Generic image for debate over reinstituting the Draft

Russell_Collins
07-19-2004, 09:04 AM
So here is my first full-color illustration for my college's newspaper in a long time. It is nice to have color again since it allows me to practice getting the colors I want in a relatively fast illustration (ie more directly rather than experimentally). The article this accompanies is a point-counterpoint style opinion piece about whether the US should reinstate the Draft. I wasn't given a copy of the text before beginning the illustration so I chose to go with a generic image. I figure it is potent without being pompous or partisan.

What do you think? I don't have a copy of the article yet but I can upload one if anyone is interested later today.

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Russell_Collins/Miscellaneous/7_18_04_WarDebate.jpg

I always forget to mention that this is yet another image I've made with Painter 7 (in case you couldn't tell). It took less than an hour which is nice considering that I get paid a flat rate of $10 per piece on the assumption that I won't spend longer than an hour to complete them.

mecos
07-27-2004, 08:20 PM
i think it's great.

i'm glad to see illustration still takes a political stand-point instead of just making cool fictional characters.

yours is simple and sophisticated and the style carries some historical memory of war propaganda.

very powerful stuff. keep it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.