PDA

View Full Version : looking for good 2d animation tuts

webshot
07-18-2004, 08:56 PM
I want to turn some of my pencil sketches into some animated shorts. I recently have tried toon boom and I read the stickty thread that spoke of other animation tools. SInce I am just starting in this I am open to any suggestions on a good tool. Plus I would really love some online tutorials so if anyone has some good links please post them. Or if there is some recommedning reading materials please post those also.

oshiroii
07-18-2004, 09:48 PM
2d is simple, all you need is a pencil and some paper. This is seriously it. You don't need the fancy programs. I advise to buy the animators survival kit, which can learn you a looooooooot about 2d. I hope you have a scanner. If not, you should learn to "flip" or "roll" reall good. If you do, still learn to flip and roll real good, but use some free video compositing program like VideoMach, to set up your scanned images and convert it into a movie. This is the way I do it. Without any fancy programs :p

webshot
07-18-2004, 10:14 PM
hhmmmm....Just Pen and Pad? I heard it is better to use a program tho because you can reuse symbols and they have organizationa tools. Like some of the more high end tools like opus. But I want to stay around the budget of toon boom. But I will look into your suggestions on the book and the proggy. Thanks for taking the time to help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.