PDA

View Full Version : Automatic logout atfer 5 minutes.

FUG1T1VE
07-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Is anyone experiencing a similar problem. I faced this problem when i was using Internet explorer 6.0 and then switched to mozilla. It occurs about every 3 to 5minutes. Im suddenly logged out. I feel that this is due to V3 integration since I have not experienced the problem in v2.

Browsing with mozilla 1.7.1:)

Rei Ayanami
07-18-2004, 07:43 PM
delete all the cookies you have that relate to cg talk, there are some errors in them from when the board upgraded that can cause problems like this. Should be fine once you log back in.

FUG1T1VE
07-26-2004, 04:12 AM
yup tried that, still same thing. dont know what happened.

I ran into another problem

2 days ago there was a power outtage and pooof all of my bookmarks dissapeared from both internet explorer and mozilla.
what a bummer.

Mibus
08-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Dunno what's going on, I can't replicate it.

It's possibly related to the way we're load-balancing across multiple servers - "cgtalk.com" actually resolves to multiple locations.

Try using http://server4.cgnetworks.com/ for a day - maybe it's just the cookies getting confused because you're swapping between servers or something?

Mibus
08-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Hey folks.

It should be fixed now, lemme know if it isn't.

We've made some changes to the cookies (you may have to delete your CGTalk cookies before it works properly) and it should all be good now :).

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.