PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment: Tranquil

DJB343
07-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey

I finished this new piece a couple of hours ago, at the moment im working on the animation. I hope you like it, and as always all C&C's are welcome :)

Thank You

http://ukdavid.no-ip.com/danb/tranquil.jpg

DJB343
07-17-2004, 11:47 PM
107 views and yet still no reply :sad:

Michael Flatley
07-18-2004, 01:56 AM
The sky looks beautiful but the rest of the scene doesn't do it for me. The water doesn't look quite right, my eyes can't help but notice the apparent rows and columns of the waves. I get a definite sense of repetition which implies a simple and probably easily improved upon algorithm for creating the waves. The dolphins don't look like they belong in the scene, they are not interacting with light, water, wind, etc. If you work on the piece more you may get more replies but honestly it needs something more than what you've got. I'm not artist but that's my two cents.

prats
07-18-2004, 02:12 AM
The concept seems good...but the sky lacks a little depth..the lighting looks very harsh....and the dolphins do look like they were just placed there....

Guillermo
07-18-2004, 02:43 AM
Very nice looking one! :)

Some suggestions:

- Make the water less... "dense", I mean, waves in real ocean are not so soft and repeating. Try adding a noise bump map to the water surface and a less repetitive displacement map (if this is the way you did it :))

- Reduce the ambient light to make those dolphins more dark.

The sky is outstanding :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

gdimmrt
07-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Did you do this with Dreamscape? Dreamscape's wave's are very repetitive unless you crank up the grid size but still...it can get repetitive.

onemind
07-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Nice job
The water could use more work though

DJB343
07-18-2004, 11:39 AM
man this is why i love cgtalk

You guys are awesome thank you for your suggestions :thumbsup:

What i will do is make some changes and take it into the WIP forum..

Cheers guys, this is well appreciated :)

DJB343
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey again ..

Ok after tweaking the image alot ive finally come up with something that is alot better :)
All C&C's are welcome .... And hopefully you will like this one alot more than my previous one :D

http://ukdavid.no-ip.com/danb/tranquil 2.jpg

cyberfizz
07-19-2004, 04:13 PM
wow i love the effect of the sunset, very good

amp
07-19-2004, 06:42 PM
The 2nd picture, the water looks like its made out of "liquid silver".
Make the water a little dirter.

Also there's too mcuh reflective properties in the water.
Far in the distance, you would not see that much 'reflectiveness'.

Reflections shoudl be a little past in the middle and a little more closer to the Camea.

Futher the distance, th lower refectivenss properties.

But it still looks nice.
keep it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.