PDA

View Full Version : Char - RtcW inspired

MK2
07-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi all,
used ZB for the NormalMaps. I really liked the RtcW Monsters but i thought they were too Comic like (expect the undead Knights). So i tryed to make something more evil and disgusting that could fit into the RtcW universe.
http://www.syntetics.ch/mk/RtcW_Zombie.jpg
It is not highpoly but i wanted it to look good. So i have to big textures (NM-2048; C-2048) and it has around 5k tris.
I hope you like it :)

AndyH
07-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Nice! I think it looks more silent hill than wolfenstein. Good design - i like the way the arms merge into the torso and the head is good. Only thing i would improve is the skin texture - it looks like plastic with rusty bits on it to me. Make it shinier and more cellular.

mr. travis
07-17-2004, 09:23 PM
bitchin! :thumbsup:

the only thing I'm wondering is how he will attack, if he does that is

Keiyentai
07-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Wulfenstien meets Silent Hill? lol I like it man.

Pezz3D
07-18-2004, 12:29 AM
This deserves to be on the front page, awesome job! I love it.

Kyan
07-18-2004, 12:48 AM
whoa! it's disgusting, I love it!

the_zed_axis
07-18-2004, 12:53 AM
--------Wulfenstien meets Silent Hill
for sure

could you post it with a lighter background the one right now is really 'killing' the whole image

Ghostscape
07-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Looks nice, I agree with Andy, make it shiny and more embryonic baby-esque. Gooey, slimy, trapped in his skin-shell.

Also, 2048x2048 seems awfully excessive. I don't think I've seen any games today use textures that big for anything with the exception of the Leviathan in UT2k4, and that's many times larger than a character. a 2048x2048 RGB is going to take up 16 megs of memory on a video card, all by itself.

Also, it looks like the belt is supposed to have a medallion hanging off of it, but the medallion is flat-grey...is it untextured? It looks weird.

Great model, great texture, I really like the constrained arms. I think with the whole human/ghoul design, it's easy to identify with the character on a basic movement level, and by restraining the arms like that, and making it so he has to lunge and lash in an inhuman way to attack, it adds a lot of creepy-ness.

AndyH
07-18-2004, 02:07 AM
I think with the whole human/ghoul design, it's easy to identify with the character on a basic movement level, and by restraining the arms like that, and making it so he has to lunge and lash in an inhuman way to attack, it adds a lot of creepy-ness.I definately agree with this - there were a few straightjacketed monsters in the silent hill games that acted like this. This has only inspired me to get cracking with my 'silent hill style monster' idea i had a few months ago!
Valid point about his untextured medallion too.

albinochicken
07-18-2004, 03:53 AM
I really like the design! I'm waaay into the horror genre of movies/games, and this is looking like it would scare the crap outta me the first time I saw it in-game. Do you have any concept art??? Kudos!

Konstruct
07-18-2004, 07:44 AM
looks like silent hill and rtcw had a kid-:) hehe but i think thats been stated

MK2
07-18-2004, 12:47 PM
wow, thank you all for that positive feedback! very motivating! I have two others that i make now! :)

I take a closer look at the skin. I thought it should look like leather, but i see what you mean...

well, i have no idea how this thing should attack :) Maybe with PSI... but thats somehow uninspired... maybe he sneaks up from behind and while you try to aim at another monster the kicks your ass :)

About the medallion... i live in germany... i have to censor it or else i get in trouble with the law. Its forbbiden to show NS-Symbols in the public, but thats okay.

and finally yes i have a conceptsketch somewhere... damn... seems like i lost it...but i often sketch my things before i model it. Maybe i made the sketch on a checkered paper, i dont keep these.

with LightBG:
http://www.syntetics.ch/mk/LightBG.jpg

NormalMap Only:http://www.syntetics.ch/mk/NM_Only.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.