PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Object Path Animation 3D Max

Vadim
07-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi,

Can anyone please help! how would it be possible to animate 1000 dominos falling on a path in max;- thats with conrolling spacing and timing?

Would really appreciate the help.

vadim

sundialsvc4
07-19-2004, 03:37 AM
I'm not a Max person. But maybe the problem can be simplified. If I had 1,000 real dominos set up on the floor and I wanted to shoot a movie of their falling, I'd have an establishing shot to show a few of them starting to fall, and a few close-up shots where once again only a few of them actually fall (possibly compositing a couple of these shots together to give several independent runs occuring at different distances from the lens), and maybe a final close-up where the whole thing stops or an "after picture" where They All Fell Down, "Whew!"

In this way, I would clearly convey to the viewer that "a great number of dominos Had A Great Fall," without ever actually having to wrestle with "one thousand graphic objects in motion."

grury
07-19-2004, 11:49 AM
I would use either Reactor or Simcloth, otherwise it will be a pain to keyframe the all sequence.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.