PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of this book?

Flipped_Normal
07-17-2004, 02:21 AM
I am interested in the programming side of graphics, but my math is not that great (I am still in high school...most people there, including the teachers, haven't even heard of quaternion rotation). So I am looking to find a good book to teach myself from. I have gone through this (http://chortle.ccsu.edu/VectorLessons/vectorIndex.html ), but it does not go nearly deep enough (ie no quaternions!). I am looking to be able to use it for both maxscript (hence the forum), but also to have it help me with game programming as I get better at c++.

So, long story short, I found this book, and was wondering if anyone had heard of it, or had a better one for me to look at, or just wanted to comment in any way. Thanks all!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556229119/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/002-3790916-4861650?v=glance&s=books

madman6880
08-02-2004, 04:08 AM
yeah, its pretty good to intorduce you to the MATH side of it. it intoduces different concepts like 3d vector transformations using matricies, etc. However, that book isnt so great for the actual PROGRAMMING aspect. Its fantastic for the math, but if u want something thatll teach u to code, check amazon for a book about programming 3d, and make sure you get a book either including, or all about HLSL. You wont regret it :thumbsup:

edit: I had a really good book about programming 3d, ill post when i find the name of it
Happy Coding!

Flipped_Normal
08-02-2004, 05:42 AM
I've got this one now, and it is really good for the math side. If you can get the name of your other one, that would be great. Is it good for basic programming, or just directX? Because I do not have much in the way of C++ yet, I decided I needed the math first. But when I am finished with the math, I will start to focus on C++ a lot more. So if you have any good books to recomend on that too, I would be in your debt.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.