PDA

View Full Version : Safari makes posting real sloowwwww

capin_crunch
07-16-2004, 06:43 PM
When I start typing in the message window, "ie this window I am typing in now" Safari struggles to keep up with my type. I was wondering if this was just a Safari issue, or a OS X issue or what? Well I just decided to open firefox 0.91 for OS X and apparently it is just a safari thing. Hmmm I wonder what the deal is.

ps i am not crazy, I just talk to myself :P

cheers
-crunch

Mibus
07-19-2004, 04:47 AM
If you want to switch back to a normal message entry window, instead of the funky new one (which is probably just being run slowly by Safari), go to your User Control Panel. Go to Options, and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Set the Message Editor Interface to "Basic" and you should get the old (simpler, faster) editor interface.

capin_crunch
07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
I think it just has something to do with Safari in general, as I just switched to the basic editor, and I am still getting the same problems. Ohh well, maybe I just might start using Firefox a little more. btw thanks for you help.

cheers
-crunch

schmu_20mol
07-19-2004, 07:26 PM
under OS X I'd suggest you try Mozilla Camino (http://mozilla.org/products/camino/) instead of the firefox... may be even faster ... good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.