PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 9: Snail - Roman Helicopter Scout

Bonzo
07-16-2004, 03:21 PM
That's right, a Roman snail. He it a flying scout for the roman army. He died on a mission (salt fatality) and no one ever heard of him, that's why he's not in the history books (or something like that).

Concept sketches and color comps will be uploaded soon if my computer is nice to me. The network at my house is being a pain, so i haven't been able to transfer files from my comp.

My idea is the snailguy has helicopter blades coming out of his shell. He has shields and minimal spears, just in case.

Nice topic and i can't wait to get modeling. High poly first, then dumbed down for normal maps. At least in theory. I haven't done much of this, so don't expect exeptional work, just expect that I will learn a shite load!

thanks!

bonzo

ElysiumGX
07-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmm...Ok. This should be interesting. Have fun!:thumbsup:

Bonzo
07-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Agree, interesting.

I've sketched a little on some specifics, but I think won't show those to anybody (10 very quick (ie. horrible) sketches on lined paper with a pen at work)

tell me what you think!
suggestions?

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dieckmep/romansnail.jpg

bonzo

TheOZone
07-28-2004, 01:03 PM
I would integrate the propellar to the shell better. Right now it looks awkward just sticking straight out of the shell. Suggestions could be add some tubing, wiring, duct work that flow around and from the shell into the propellar.

dacheese
08-06-2004, 11:30 AM
this is something you dont see everyday, a helisnail...!

wow thats funny, good luck am waiting for more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.