PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the Shell TV Series

Leonard
07-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Production I.G is proud to announce the development of a brand new animated television series that has been in development for nearly two years. Based on the hugely popular, "THE GHOST IN THE SHELL" manga created by Shirow Masamune , this television series is set to begin this fall in Japan.

http://www.production-ig.com/Ghost_TV.html

http://www.production-ig.com/images/k3/release/Title.jpg

alphatron
07-29-2002, 12:07 PM
This is just what I've been waiting for. Any info on whether members of Team Oshii is back in the saddle? Also, does anyone know if they are incorperating many 3D elements?

I'm glad to see Masamune Shirow involved as well. My faith in Oshii as a director went down a few notches after seeing Avalon.

Sevarf2
07-29-2002, 01:05 PM
Great news!!!! :eek: I know the new film gits 2, but the series is new for me. I hope an exportation for my state!!!
I'm going to find any new about this...... byez:cool:

Fabian
07-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Although it's not my favourite anime, i still think that this will be great. Can't wait for more information. :bounce:

Cadillacs57
07-29-2002, 01:50 PM
cool, now how do i get the episodes... thats a problem.
is there any manga channel or something? if there is then im going to ask for that channel to my cable operator

ShinaldiIshair
07-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Figured this should be my first post. I'd throw a party if I weren't plannign the destruction of humanity...crap...that was audible. GiTS was one of my favourite movies. The series is gonna kick so much ass.

meloncully
07-29-2002, 05:07 PM
woot!! i cant wait!!

ThePuppetMaster
07-29-2002, 05:42 PM
DAMMIT! Japan only? I luv GITS, my name says it all.

ShinaldiIshair
07-29-2002, 06:01 PM
Er...it'llbe subbed and released later. Almost all anime is. I can't think of anthing older than 2 or 3 ears that hasn't been translated and sent over.

ThePuppetMaster
07-29-2002, 06:03 PM
But its a series of like 23 episodes.

Kaz
07-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Oh this is some GREAT news. I can't wait. And what's this about GITS 2 movie?

ShinaldiIshair
07-29-2002, 08:22 PM
Kaz, I just noticed that. What the hell about it indeed.

Hollis J Wood
07-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Thast is awesome thanks for posting this

Sangotten
07-30-2002, 12:54 AM
That kicks ass!!!

I love masamune shirow!!! I hope this will japanes animation closer to the western market... yes closer that f*cked up pokemon!!!

satanatron
07-30-2002, 03:33 AM
that's awesome!!!

Does anyone know anything about a new gatchaman series? I downloaded a teaser trailer and it looks really sharp.

ShinaldiIshair
07-30-2002, 05:04 AM
Actually, I haven't been staying on top of the anime news lately. I haven't even been able to check out Hellsing, and that's somewhat old. I do hope this comes to the US market though, it's going to be great. There's always fansubs though...ugh...fansubs.

Danoku
07-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Imnot the biggest anime fan in the world but GiTS isnt just one of my favorite anime, its one of my favorite movies period. big hopes for the series on its release here stateside.:buttrock:

Lunatique
07-30-2002, 02:19 PM
alphatron- yeah! what's up with Avalon??? I bought a copy on DVD and was all giddy. Then after about 15 minutes into it, I thought, "Is this some kind of a JOKE??"

Just goes to show, just because a guy can direct animation doesn't mean he could direct live action.

photoeyes
07-30-2002, 03:03 PM
oh!!its good!!GREAT!!!
I LOVE IT!!希望我有天也可以想出这么霸道的情节来!!

funkychild
07-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ShinaldiIshair
Actually, I haven't been staying on top of the anime news lately. I haven't even been able to check out Hellsing, and that's somewhat old. I do hope this comes to the US market though, it's going to be great. There's always fansubs though...ugh...fansubs.
It's already licensed by and is being co-produced by Bandai visual. This is probably due to the lacklustre state of the Japanese economy at the moment. Bandai's involvement will mean that it's being produced with a western release squarely in mind.

I'm really looking forward for this series. It will be based on the manga, which the film was only a small slice of (there's only so much you can do in an hour and a half or so). But most notable of all for me is that the musical goddess Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus, The Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop) is composing the score! :thumbsup: That combined with the stellar production team and many millions of dollars they have in budget will certainly make this one to remember.

And what's up with the fansubs comment? While some groups don't, there are at least some of us (http://www.animefactory.net) that take the time and effort to produce a quality final product ;)

ShinaldiIshair
07-30-2002, 08:05 PM
O_O. The musical score is going to be AMAZING. Yoko Kanno is godly!

Sevarf2
07-30-2002, 08:23 PM
Some info about Gits 2:

http://www.dmd-sales.com/artbooks/406334441x.jpg

http://www.dmd-sales.com/artbooks/406334441xe.jpg

Kaz
07-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Yeah I know of the manga but that doesn't mean there is a Movie for it coming out. Wish I could find that Manga translated though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.