PDA

View Full Version : Ilustration / Etch Work - "Grandus"

cerebrolabs
07-16-2004, 01:15 AM
delete delete delete

SebastianPatric
07-16-2004, 06:22 AM
The Dragon is quite nice. I think the piece would be better off without the kid with the sword.

r 2
07-16-2004, 07:41 AM
I can really feel the amount and time you have put to it, however it isn't anything intresting, sorry. But most of the work here isn't and neverthless it's a piece of fine mixture of different techniques and some warm atmosphere. Hope to hear more from you. Sorry, english isn't my mother tongue :)

Misterbeaver
07-16-2004, 06:38 PM
I can relate to the time it took to make this picture and the pride you take in it, bt I have to agree, I just don't feel it. I mean, I can see the talent, and I can understand the emotion you're trying to convey a little, but otherwise, I'm not seeing anything really spectacular.

The kid in the middle looks like something off of... (dum dum dum... *ominous music*) dragonball Z, what with the crazy pants and all.

BUT, all this aside, another difference I saw on this whole issue was that here you said it took you three months. (the time shouldn't and doesn't always reflect the quality btw) Three months is quite a while, but next time, maybe a rough estimate of how long it took you in hours? I find it hard to believe that it tooke you three continuous months of labor to complete that. Perhaps if you spent 15-20 minutes a day on this picture, perhaps. You see what I mean?

BUT the orginal difference I saw was that on Deviantart, you told the people there that it took you 6 months. Which one is it? I'm really quite curious.

cerebrolabs
07-16-2004, 09:48 PM
3+ months, about an hour a day. It was my first attempt at etching, hence why it took so long.

LiquidMetal
07-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Why did u delete the image?Theres no point in making a crit thread if your gonna delete the image to crit on..

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.