PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 9: Eagle - WWII Pilot

Oldbean
07-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Sorry if you feel I'm taking your idea Adam but I was actually starting the concept before I read your post. But if its OK with the rules you can use the eagle idea in your entry for sure (if you want).

Anyway, I'm going to try to model, texture and rig an eagle pilot from WW2. I am thinking of doing a bunch of them, one wearing the flight gear, one wearing the customary leather jacket with fluffy cuffs etc., and one maybe topless in a muscle flexing pose.

This is my first post+thread on the forum and I'm gonna try to finish it (I should have enough time http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif ). I also want to learn to rig properly and have a play around with some different maps through this contest which should be fun.

Good luck to everyone else and a concept should be up pretty soon.

ElysiumGX
07-16-2004, 05:19 AM
Welcome and good luck. I decided to allow the World Wars so we'd have airborne ranks for our feathered friends. I hope to see lots of progress.

AdamAtomic
07-16-2004, 05:57 AM
absolutely no beef with me mate - no eagle in my crew either! he can be their wingman (pardon the pun) - can't wait to see your rendition!

Oldbean
07-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Been playing around with this idea for a bit now. Not sure if I'm gonna have a cartoony/realistic/bit-of-both kind of style. I'm waiting for my graphics tablet to arrive, hopefully then my concept work will improve and I'll be able to adapt it more with a few sketches (It's harder than it looks to draw with a mouse :surprised). Anyway, here's a little taste of what I've been up to.

Here's the link. (http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgD7AuUW2WRiVvrL*KOm*aATctw1ayvsBo1UmCpz2!dJje0JRZzgN0GmOZdYDrd8gdGpkAIPsY!IVomDhTnd7vy7CHv9ACKXSUflYrBuLNFwy1nZVYC1EQ/eagle%20concept.jpg?dc=4675480862952154726)

Just been working on the casual style at the moment. I can't decide if I'm gonna stick with the leather jacket or move on to something more casual like a hawaiian shirt (a la Pearl Harbour(Movie)). I think I'll stick with this though. Also, I'm having trouble deciding how to do the arms/hands. I'm either gonna have small wings for hands or a whole 1/2 of the arm as a wing. I'm pretty sure the body is just gonna be a furry/feathery version of your average human body.

I'd appreciate some feedback and/or ideas and I'm considering modelling some WWII eagle honeys for this fella. Well, I'm getting ahead of myself now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.