PDA

View Full Version : C4D After Effect Plug-in

Linds
07-29-2002, 05:45 AM
I thought some of you might be interested in the attached movie. It's a TV commercial we've just done for Holden NZ. We used the Maxon Cinema4D AfterEffects Plug-in to export camera data from the Cinema animation into AE5.5 then used the data to attach 2D animation and graphics to the 3D model.

The plug-in worked a treat, and gave us a result that would have been almost impossible to achieve otherwise. Hats of to Maxon for another great productivity tool - and it's FREE!

Link to movie:
http://www.departmentofdoing.co.nz/Movies/HoldenTVC.html

Oh, BTW, without getting drawn into the current debate about what has or has not been included in the forthcoming upgrade, I'd like to say I can't wait. It looks like Maxon are getting closer and closer to giving us the 3D app we all want. I know we all pay handsomely for the privilege, but it's still nice to feel as though someone is actually listening to the users wants and needs.

Cheers

Linds

anthonymcgrath
07-29-2002, 11:30 AM
thats a really nice job and the plugin seemed to work fine by the looks of things. I work with maya myself at my current company and the new camera import feature for afx5.5 is so useful for this kind of work.
Pity the clients always seem to want to change the bits that aren't quickly changeable though eh? :p

nice website too by the way.

ant
mere mortals
UK

anthonymcgrath
07-29-2002, 12:03 PM
just as a matter of interest, what other software are you guys at dod using? how many of you are there? you look like you all do some interesting work. I will have to post some stuff we've just finished here.

Maybe we should get the admin of this site to get a bit of a post prod wip forum going?

...how about it oh admin one!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.