PDA

View Full Version : longing for image about the bone allocation and weight map of face

Byron liu
07-15-2004, 06:12 AM
I am anxiety for a image,who can help me? about the bone allocation and weight map of a human face.thanks a lot!

eddy-3ddy
08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Should I tell you a secret? The human head has just two bones ;-) The skull and the jaw. And I can't see what you mean by an image for vertex weights? Can you be more explainable?

EricChadwick
08-17-2004, 06:22 PM
He/she means a bone layout for animating the face using bones and Skin/Physique, plus a diagram showing the weights to assign to the verts to get good deformation.

I don't know of any online. There might be an example on one of the max CDs, not sure. UDN has a sample image showing bone layout for facial animation in the Unreal game...
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/SkeletalSetup#Designing_a_Skeleton

Byron liu
08-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks, for I will animate the facial skin to fit the markers captured by the motion capture device. Is this a good way? or the morpher modifier? which is the best? I think the model's expresstion may be very exaggerate,I have no experience before.longing for the deeper disscusstion.Thanks!

Byron liu
08-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks, for I will animate the facial skin to fit the markers captured by the motion capture device. Is this a good way? or the morpher modifier? which is the best? I think the model's expresstion may be very exaggerate,I have no experience before.longing for the deeper disscusstion.Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.