PDA

View Full Version : Martini

CheckMail
07-15-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey. Martini :) Please COMMENT!!!!!!!!!& Crit.
I dont really do art that much.

http://img3.imgspot.com/u/04/196/06/martini28171.jpg

atom_up
07-20-2004, 04:40 AM
Not sure how to crit because Im not sure what direction you were headed with this. If you were going for realism I'd have to say its very flat and theres tons of work left to get the image to look right. If you were goin for your own style, etc. fine but the image is still too flat. All the colors you have on the images seen to be one element that is multicolored. Its hard to make out the lines that define where the wall seperated fom the glass, and from the glass back to the wall.

billy the kid
07-20-2004, 08:50 AM
I think if this was painted traditionally, it would work better. I don't mind the colours. but like the other person said, ...not sure what you were aiming for. Consider using a cleaner brush maybe. keep practising, it'll get there!

theledge
07-20-2004, 09:29 AM
I actually really like it, im not sure why, but the compostion is actually quite good.

the cropping of the glass is nice and the colours are almost there possibly a richer darker red.

youre brush work is whats letting the peice down, if this was painted with reaaaly thick oil paint and abstracted some more it would be a nice artwork, however with digital works you dont get that tactile feeling of traditional artwork so it dosnt stand up the same.

possible try and intergrate the brushwork in the red so it isnt so harsh but i think you still need to retain the feel of the brush strokes.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.