PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Mountain base

ChristopherRabenhorst
07-14-2004, 02:15 PM
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/4411/mountainbase.jpg

Hi, everyone. I'm new here in this forum, but I look forward to share my work with you and get some contructive criticism. Here is a picture of a mountain base I recently did in Photoshop. Working digitally is still pretty new to me as i've only had my hands on a wacom tablet for a few weeks, but I love it. Let me know what you think of this painting, I am very open to suggestions.

danydrunk
07-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey chris nice, I want to know how do you make those curve shapes in photoshop? for the bunker thing? could you explain to me? otherwise, nice

ChristopherRabenhorst
07-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I cheated a bit and used the pen tool to make a basic curved shape, then filled it with gradient. However, it should be possible to draw the same curves with an ordinary brush, it would just take longer time to get the same precision I presume

danydrunk
07-14-2004, 03:50 PM
hey I dont think its cheating to use the pen, dont be to hard on you, its a tool, the reason I asked is because when ever i do a shape with the pen and try to fill it with color it tells me that the content of the layer is not directly editable, how do I make it editable?

ChristopherRabenhorst
07-14-2004, 03:53 PM
the pen tool creates a path, not an ordinary layer. Go to the path window menu and either fill the path or convert it to a selection and then fill that with color on a new layer, otherwise check Photshops help section on the pen tool

TIMTHESORCERER
07-14-2004, 10:39 PM
now i'm going to model it!

Adam-Bomb
07-15-2004, 02:16 AM
My eye goes to the Brown cliffs at the bottom. They look very flat, like a texture on a model. You should add some shadows of jutting rocks. Other than that it's a good painting.

andreasrocha
07-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Great man...Nice colours and lighting. The crisp, flat surfaces contrast nicely with the rugged mountain slopes. The only thing that doesn't look like it's right, to me, is the perspective of the platform, specially the one right at the front.

Highfive
07-15-2004, 05:57 PM
The depth and lighting in this is great! There's a great spacial feeling to this.

It looks like the vanishing point for the round bunker is different to the rest of the platform. Also, the L-shaped platform to the right has a light-grey edge that doesn't foreshorten very far.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.