View Full Version : Please critique crocodile creature

avmics
07-14-2004, 04:38 AM
Please critique this crocodile creature

http://members.shaw.ca/avmics/croc.jpg

Demolish
07-15-2004, 01:01 AM
Whoa! I think it is hard to critique, I will do my best:

Hmm not really a critique, more like a (self-style of mine) / suggestion, I think the eyes are joined toggether, it could be separeted (Just by a small space).

Congrats, it is awsome!

avmics
07-15-2004, 08:26 AM
thanks Demolish

snovak
07-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I agree with Demolish this is difficult to crit, mainly because it's totally a fantastic creation. There is nothing in the world quite like it. The only thing I would pick out right off the bat.... The seam around the hip area needs some work. The transition could be more smooth. As is, they look like they are seperate pieces. If that is his standing pose,, he seems a bit off balance. In animation, it would be neat to see his eyes move independently.

kariefury
07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
I think the tail should either curve down and meet the ground or that it should curve up more. Right now it stick's straight out and that look's unnatural to me. It kinda resembles a dinosaur to me maybe using some dinosaur skelton's as a reference would help.

avmics
07-15-2004, 10:45 PM
thanks for the great comments guys

I agree Kariefury the pose is not a natural pose its that way so that it may be rigged for animation easily

gavinb
07-16-2004, 12:20 PM
looks a little to stumped (unless its got a growth disorder) other than that, its is done in zBrush?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.