PDA

View Full Version : Need help rendering maya animation to .avi

Foxy Grandpa
07-13-2004, 10:03 PM
I am having trouble figuring out how to render and save my animation to a .avi file or a file i can use in media player, if anyone can help me out on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

-Foxy Grandpa

PS: I know im new to this forum and you may think of me as a 'newb' or something, but I would just like a little help.

J-Wicz
07-13-2004, 11:18 PM
the normal workflow is not to render an avi file directly from within maya but rather render an image sequence (test.001.tif, test.002.tif, ...) and then use a compositing program (Adobe After Effects, discreet combustion, Apple Shake ...) to create the avi-movie

if you work this way, you render your image in the best quality without worrying about video compression. in the compositing software you can then try diffrent video-codec settings over and over again without the need of rerendering. You can do loads of other stuff with these programs too.

If you just want to see your animation in (full rendered) motion you can use fcheck, which is a small image and image sequence(!)(=animation) viewer espacially written for this purpose. fcheck comes with your maya distribution and should be already installed on your computer

Foxy Grandpa
07-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Thank you very much man.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.