PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: IK spine using Advanced Twist Controls in Maya5

dwalden74
07-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi all-

Normally Iīm not the type of guy who writes tutorials, but since I havenīt seen anything on this topic - which is quite cool - and I had some free time this morning, I figured Iīd give it a shot. Anyway, the title says it all - I show how to very quickly set up an effective biped spine rig using the Advanced Twist Control Attributes of the splineIK in Maya 5/6. This is a much faster and easier approach than what was previously available in Maya, and provides virtually the same amount of control. If you already know everything about the new twist controls, well then you probably wonīt learn much here (unless you donīt know how to apply them to a biped rig). Otherwise, please give it a looky and send me your feedback! You can find the tutorial under the Miscellaneous section of my website (http://www.davidwalden.com).

:beer:
David

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.