PDA

View Full Version : A Tank

garryclarke
02-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Here'a model of a Challenger 2 tank, 429 polys (well triangles), after all the talk in other forums about Max, Maya, Lightwave etc etc I'd thought I'd mention that this was modelled in Multigen Creator - which is bloody horrible!

The nice render is of the same model imported into Max, just so I could get a nice image for my portfolio.

Garry Clarke

http://www.garryclarke.com/fr/pics/Chal2.jpg

toma
02-01-2002, 01:54 PM
Hi Garry !!

Very nice, i like it very much.
It is clean, efficient, you have faces where they have to be, textures are really good and well texturized.

It's a great real time work i find ! Will it be used in a game ? Or is it only what you're making to get a job in game industry ?

garryclarke
02-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the comments. It's modelled for a military flight sim (the real thing not a game as such). So the technology is basically the same, the hardware is just more expensive!

The Creator file has 3 different resolutions, the high level of detail is the one that I've posted. Here's the low level of detail, it has 160 triangles, but the same texture map.

Garry

http://www.garryclarke.com/fr/pics/chal_lo.jpg

Pantsman2k
02-08-2002, 02:55 AM
Nice tank. I've not that familiar with the Challanger tanks, as my subject of choice is WWII German tanks, but it looks accurate to me.

sigma
02-08-2002, 03:42 AM
Hey nice Tank Garry. Isnt Multigen Creator a terrain/landscape generator? or do i have it mixed up with something else? Nice texture overall, but the blue throws me off. Do they use blue in their camo? I cant recall seeing blue in camo before.

Fritz3D
02-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Great, a fellow tank modeller ;)

Very nice work for it's polly count. Have any more to show? :D

garryclarke
02-13-2002, 06:25 PM
There is an element of blue in the black areas, just a tad, if they were totaly black the detail would disapear. The texture is also tweaked so that it works well on our projector system (it's for real time military simulation) so it may seem a little over the top when viewed on a normal monitor.

I've got a few more knocking around, mostly russian, which made reference material hard to get hold of! I'll see if I can sort some out in the next couple of days.

Garry

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.