PDA

View Full Version : Question : with limited number of frames ...

hsuanfu
07-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Hi hi,

I am a XSI user and I'm currently working on a shot, which my character has to run a great deal of distance in very short amount of frames, say 30 frames. No matter how i do it, to be able to cover the distance, the character will always look slipping. Is there any way that i can have my character run properly (w/o look slipping) or is there a way to cheat this kind of problem?

Oh, btw, i've already make my run cycle into an action clip. Without redo
the run animation, is there a way to solve the problem above?

thanks for helping :)

neonoodle
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
The easiest way would be to change the camera angle to not show his feet. Other than that, I would think redoing it would be your only bet.

hsuanfu
07-14-2004, 02:16 PM
thanks man!

well, i can't think of anything else other than redoing the animation either.
thank you! :thumbsup:

sundialsvc4
07-19-2004, 03:17 AM
How about a slight jump-cut in the edit? Show him starting out, then cut to a slightly different camera-angle showing his arrival. The viewer will know that the cut implies a slight passage-of-time, and you've just eliminated the need to actually-animate most of it. I'll bet that the shot runs cleaner.

As fun :argh: as walk-cycles might be to create and to perfect, one shouldn't spend much screen-time showing them. And you can definitely "cheat the feet."

You can use part of the existing footage for the lead-in to the cut, and generate a little bit of new footage to handle the lead-out. Or vice-versa. Either way, some of the existing film can be re-used.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.