PDA

View Full Version : First UVW Unwrap: Bow

AgentPrometheus
07-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at UVW unwrapping! (As you can tell, I'm somewhat of a noob!)

Comments and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Note :: Due to the size limitations, the image is a bit mucky)

AgentPrometheus
07-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Better look at the nock/handle

TheUnkind
07-13-2004, 04:33 AM
add some bump map and render it in a white background so we can see it much better...

AgentPrometheus
07-13-2004, 05:39 AM
As requested, the bow on a white background. The bump map is sort of irrelevant here, because it is an excercise on UVW unwrapping. Just a sidenote, I used Texporter to export the map. Just to give credit.

jrwells
07-13-2004, 12:42 PM
With an object this small and simple it is very hard to give you any constructive crits. But as a side note, the bump map is extremly relevant to UVW Mapping, equal to that of the diffuse or color map. Try building the bow up to a more stylized creation and work with decorating that with a little more surface area.

AgentPrometheus
07-13-2004, 06:55 PM
On the imageof the bow in the white background, I did put a bump map in there. Nothing special, got lazy and just threw a noise map in there, but I didn't see much of a difference. I think I'll stylize it like you said, and create an actual bump map using the UVW coordinates, then I post the updates.

thx for the input

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.