PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine

SeanE
07-12-2004, 01:52 PM
another that will undoubtedly sink like a stone here but anyway...I persevere...

http://sean.sevspace.com/photoshop/wolverine_sommariva.jpg

Just taking a break from the topcow style of pics. This one is by Joe Sommariva over at ledheavy.com with inks by serge lapointe

cheers
Sean

Teyon
07-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Overall, it's good stuff, Sean. The coloring is great, not the best you've done but for what you had to work with, you did really great stuff. My gripe, again, has nada to do with your coloring but instead the pencil work...which, as you said, isn't yours. Wolvie's pose is just wonky...it goes beyond extreme and enters the realm of physically impossible. The worst bit is the head's distance from the body, suggesting Wolvie's become plastic man or something.

The reason I mention the pencil work, since it's the coloring you've done, is because you should pick the pieces you wish to color a bit better. Usually you choose some top notch stuff but the underlying pencil work in this one really detracts from all the hard work that went into coloring it. Just my opinion, I guess and like I said, your colors are cool.

nacho_grande
07-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Great work. Style and colouring are brilliant.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.