PDA

View Full Version : keep it simple/clean - polygon modeling - share your methods

superlayer
07-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi,
I am a "noob modeler" looking for some general tips on optimizing (keeping it simple and clean) polymodels and how to implement it in your workflow.
Like turning a 3 edgeloops into one, maintaining quad polys, adding geometry on local areas without making the whole model more complicated.
I am sure anyone getting into polymodeling could benefit from this and even seasoned modelers could share and discuss techniques.

Personally I have a tendency to always make edgeloops even though they are not needed, so I have these long edgeloops going around the model despite the fact that I only needed extra detail in a small local area of the model.
I would like to improve my skills in keeping geometry local and optimizing my models better as well as incorporating these methods and skills into my modeling workflow, so I dont have to sit and ponder about how to redirect edges etc etc.

I really hope you will have an interest in this.

Thanks.

superlayer
07-11-2004, 06:23 AM
No one has any methods for this?
Thats too bad.
Well I will be patient.

Now share with us.

superlayer
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Or not.............

MRAY
07-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Could you post a wire and we'll go from there?

-Mray-

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.