PDA

View Full Version : Blender used in the making of Spider Man 2!!!

Apollux
07-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Blender was the tool used for the pre-visuals of the movie !!!

More details (and screen shots) at http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=151&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

:bounce:

bbirras
07-09-2004, 10:30 AM
all right--
thats just the top of the iceberg!!

I bet it is used widely, because here is quite a number of cg-artists out there who started with blender as it came for free...
the workflow in blender is just unbeatable once u get the hang of it..
--it is one of the fastest apps for cg production--

the thing is nobody talks about it---- why should they, when alias or whoever sponsors the production?!

Pier from Italy
07-09-2004, 11:02 AM
the thing is nobody talks about it---- why should they, when alias or whoever sponsors the production?!
At the moment i think blender is just at the beginning with big productions, but also they will talk about blender when it will be cheaper than to get the sponsorship! I think that Alias has not to be proud to see that the Spiderman team uses blender instead of maya, also if maya has no costs for them!!!

thats just the top of the iceberg!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

bigbad
07-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Well as a maya user this doesnt shock me at all. Blender has much better moddleing tools. Im even thinking about that spidy was made in blender then retouched in maya.(hush dont say anything to alias)

Its very hard to get a clean mesh in maya. Very important thing for animation, those clean meshes. Like the face loop cut. It was a totaly new thing to me.

Lourdelle
07-30-2004, 11:25 PM
And this CG artist will be at the blender conference in 22-24 october at Amsterdam :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.