PDA

View Full Version : Blender Pre-viz tool for Spiderman Film

JA-forreal
07-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Who would have known, Blenders gone Hollywood.

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=151&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

TheLostVertex
07-09-2004, 03:54 AM
Nifty, havent gotten around to looking at blenders new interface. Hope it becomes more charming with time

ncpiment
07-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Well well blender finally made it. i just hope they dont put a price on the program.

artificial3D
07-09-2004, 05:30 PM
they have used the right tool, blender is pretty good for pre-viz stuff! :thumbsup:

.andy

paintbox
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Pretty cool

I noticed there are some importers for OBJ and BVH now, with the next upgrade of Blender I am going to check out if I can import my UV-mapped models and see if Blender can earn a place in the toolbox :)

Things are a changing :thumbsup:

pnoland
07-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Whoa, that's cool news! Blender has peaked my interest once again, gonna start playing with it more. :) 2.3 seems pretty nice and the work coming out of it has been fantastic. One thing that I found pretty cool is that the .obj importer script works flawlessly with my models. Before if I had an ngon or something it wouldn't work quite right. Plus, I see at Zbrushcentral that people have gotten nice results with Blender's displacement mapping. One thing I'm disliking with Cinema 4d CE at the moment...grr.

pnoland

JA-forreal
07-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Well well blender finally made it. i just hope they dont put a price on the program.It's open source, no chance of that. But some studios may compile a special version of Blender with their own flavor of workflow. That's how Blender was used originally by NaN.

Have fun!

And to all you crazy fun lovin' Blenderheads out there, yah know,

Blend on!

brkn
07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Well well blender finally made it.

Isn't that a bit narrow-minded? This news is definitely sexy, and interesting to know, but I personally wouldn't consider it any more or less indicative of 'making it' than the work like broadcast graphics, commercials, product/architectural/medical/scientific visualisation, illustration, game graphics, video fx that's produced with Blender day in, day out, much of which could likely exploit much more of Blender's range of capabilities than previs.

It's cool that Sony have found it useful, it's a very useful tool. But IMO Hollywood's certainly not the be-all and end-all.

Boone
07-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Now that is pretty cool info!

I've only used Blender once-or-twice in the past, but it certainly seemed capable of some rather nifty work...

BTW - I can't wait for SM2 this Thursday...I got the day off work to go see it... :cool:

SylvanMist
07-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Woo hoo way to go Blender!!! :D

And I'm happy to say that I have completely switched over to blender to do all the modeling for my game. Not like we're a big company..hell in fact we're not a company at all yet :P But I really feel good that I'm using Blender for it, and if we ever make it big I have no plans on switching ever :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.