PDA

View Full Version : the baby merchant

ninosboombox
07-08-2004, 08:24 PM
hey all this is my first post!!!!! this is my second attempt at using photoshop, mouse.

he is the baby merchant. seller, transporter and distributor of black market babies, and aftermarket baby parts.

let me know what you all think,

ninospeepshow

http://www.cabinfevercrew.com/zeek/images/babymerch.jpg

InKraBid
07-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Ohh this is so cool :)

I really like this design, you've really got this down, with the xray in the background and all.. class A work, thumbs up!

gbonamy
07-09-2004, 10:02 AM
hi

this is a very interesting concept and so original!
Nice balance of colors , textures, composition and shapes. And just enough to be appreciated.
GOOD WORK!!
Just one suggestion, we don't recognize the character as a baby merchand. Some details on him, or just one clue could be usefull to identify the character.
I hope to see more works from you on cgtalk.

gbonamy.

ninosboombox
07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
cool thanks!!! i am just developing the characters as i go so they are not completey finishedconcepts.

in this world, there are black market babies for sale, all makes and colors. the aby merchantt is the middleman, hence the nice suit, he transports and sells babies, there are others

baby cultivator organic
baby cultivator hydo
baby trainer
baby harvester
baby herder, etc.....

i have not developed a whole stiry yet, this is just my second attempt at using photoshop so i have abunch of tricks to learn still. i used a mouse as well, but i would love to try out a wacom.

i have told a few people how i got the idea for these characters but most people get a sour look on their face. i explain that is the way that i am thinking, to get the juices movin, not the way i feel about a specific subject.

more later thanks for lookin.

Ilikesoup
07-09-2004, 05:13 PM
I really like the ultrasound image in the background. Character looks interesting, but I don't see him as evil or shifty like I'd expect a baby merchant to look. Just a thought, but what about a scruffy looking stork? It would explain how he got the babies to sell in the first place.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.