PDA

View Full Version : Bones links and Bezier curves

Traker
07-08-2004, 05:38 PM
I have a hand that i rigged useing some boxes as bones
The bones(boxes) are linked using the classic link
Now my problem is that when i try to rotate to hand from a joint it has a bezier motion(from point A to C and then B) and not going like a linear rotation(straight from point A to B)...If i unlink the bone that i rotated from it`s parent then everything is correct....but when i link it back it goes back in the bezier rotation...
How can i eliminate this?
I have tryed to assign to all the bonex linear float controllers but no luck

Anyone?

grury
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Have you tried going into the Track View and change the curves to linear? guess that should do the trick.

Cheers

Traker
07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
I have solved the problem..instead of replacing the entire Rotation controler with a linear one i was replacing the euler XYZ axis bezier controles with linear ones resulting in no changes:) duh...sometime i don`t remember these little details :)

sundialsvc4
07-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Yeah, lurking somewhere in every 3D animation system you're going to find curves that describe how the motion is to take place over time. Those curves are usually Beziers by default and they often default to a shape that includes some "lead in" and "follow through" to the motion. Nice for some things but not in others. The curves can be switched to linear or what-have-you. Oh, how many times I've overlooked that one. :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.