PDA

View Full Version : Soft learning curve compared to Maya??

jonathan161
02-01-2002, 07:07 AM
I have been using Maya for 2 years now and am considering doing a degree were they use soft. I was wondering if anyone has learnt maya and changed over to soft, i know its good to know a few different tools but did anyone have any problems, found it easy etc etc ??
Any comments welcome...!

jonathan :)

Vic3k
02-01-2002, 10:52 AM
well lets say learning maya is easier coz its more userfriendlier.
maya got shit load of popup windows with huge amount of options but most of them don't even have to be there. in soft you don't get much options coz everything you need is already done automatically. that's the beauty of XSI, do whatever you want, what you want and when you want and it doesn't scrue your workflow.

taughts of an 8 months XSI and maya user.

jordibares
02-01-2002, 01:46 PM
The only thing i can say is that i only meet a guy that *really* knows what maya is doing under that mess.
And that is because, although easy to start, is very complex to get deep into it, while XSI is clearer and more powerful in its concepts and foundation (ActiveX technology in not the holy grail, but is going to make the different very soon).

steverage
02-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Ive been learning XSi for jsut over 5 months and Ive found it very straightforward! .....once you've found where all the buttons are

mr.bean
02-10-2002, 02:10 PM
to rtfm or not to rtfm, that is the effin question, no?

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.