PDA

View Full Version : Animating control points

anibal187
07-07-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi, I have this composition in which I'm animating a group of masks over time. In some later frames I need to change the shape of some of them (individual masks) so I'm animating their control points. The problem is that when I play back the clip this control point animation starts from the beggining of the animation, and not from the last keyframe. I know I can generate a Keyframe for the control points on the Timeline for each mask but since they are a lot of masks It would be kind of a pain.
I hope my explanation is clear.

Marcioss
07-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi... This is not a BIG problem.

Sugestions:
1 - Try to split the masks to several Masks operators, it's easy to animate, and take more advantage of the operator.
2 - Use the timeline to time/use of the mask
3 - Simplify the mask, and use others operators

Don't cry... Simplify. :banghead:

anibal187
07-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks Marcioss. You are right I did a storm in a glass of water :D.
I used the Timeline Overview section to solve the "problem". It wasn't big deal. Thanks again.

boomji
07-20-2004, 08:34 PM
just in case you could also pop each control point off by holding the ALT keboard shortcut and selecting a point to de-activate it and same for re-activating it whenever you want...

b

anibal187
08-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks Boomji. I hadn't check this post for a while, that's why I hadn't answered. Thanks for the alt shortcut. It will surely come in handy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.