PDA

View Full Version : Linux version ever ship?

beaker
07-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Did the linux version of Digital Fusion ever come out? I see references to it in the "4.04c" change log. It was announced two years ago at siggraph and I saw a small demo of it at the Linux movies conference in Feb. of 2003. I also remember a move to freetype in the release docs for 4.01 or 4.02 to make text handling more portable between linux and windows. Other than that I haven't heard a peep about it and it isn't mentioned anywhere on the Eyeon website.

Jayk2k
07-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah, i think they learned their lesson on that one. After announcing it, and then realizing the conversion libraries they had planned on using were not going to be as easy to use as they had thought. Now I think things are still in the works, but they aren't going to say boo until it's ready to ship.

Mind you, i'm no longer an official employee, so i could be totally wrong. :shrug:But based on the info that you and I do have ( ie changes incorporated to migrate text and mask rendering engines) my above statement stands.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.