Outline by my friend, Jing, and color by me. PS7
I hope you like it!
http://www.redrival.com/dchua/reddick_max.jpg

dck
07-10-2004, 08:27 AM
no comment? :sad:

Kirt
07-10-2004, 08:42 AM
No image. I see an ad for redrival.com free web hosting.

blacknoise
07-10-2004, 09:26 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nothing more

phoenix
07-10-2004, 09:57 AM
NICE WORK

one suggestion could make it better

... i think its two arms are not relatively porportional ...

regards

RainAndRedGlass
07-10-2004, 03:15 PM
how long did the coloring take?

Kirt
07-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Ah ... I see it now. Nice colors and work on the flames. The character is interesting but I'm afraid that the head ruins it for me. My first impression is that it's off balance with the body. The weight falls too far to the right and the profile makes the whole head look flat.

The overlap of the horns was a good idea, but you should have repeated the idea elsewhere on the head to give it more depth. i.e. There could be a row of back teeth in the mouth or extra layers of hair that overlap.

What's the white object behind the jaw? It matches the color and luminocity of the moon in the background which gives the illusion of a hole in the character's head.

Ooop ... just read your post again. Sorry, it is a very good coloring job. I guess my critiques might be more helpful for your friend who drew the pic. :blush:

Splin
07-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Nice work dude, totally love it!!!
Tho the way how hands are attached to the body...imho the perspective looks abit odd when compared with the rest of body but other than that I truly luv it;)

dck
07-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Yes, I was just doing the coloring part. But I really appreciate all your comments! Thanks...
Anyway, I will let my friend know and I'm sure he will definitely glad too.

RainAndRedGlass: I took about 4 days to complete, but i din really jot down the time coz I paint it only when I'm free.

Thanks again! :)

jhcheong28
07-11-2004, 06:09 PM
brother! i love it!!! u r the best =)

Supervlieg
07-11-2004, 06:55 PM
I like the work on the flames, but I agree the body and head are a bit out of balance.

The head seems a bit flat compared to the body. It needs more "body". And the moon in the background could use some more love.

I like the colors btw.

dck
07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Yes I agree with u guys with the proportion. Thanks but my task was just painting it.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.