PDA

View Full Version : DREAM GIRL PORTRAIT is this gallery material or what?

grafik
07-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Done with photoshop wacom tablet.
Study of portraits, my first one digital painted.http://clientes.netvisao.pt/tmds77/ilustracao/portrait.jpg

pearl3d
07-06-2004, 08:57 PM
very nice work grafik..
amazing......:eek:

Metro-Digital
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
very well done. very realistic. I like your style. keep it up

DrakeX
07-06-2004, 10:57 PM
the shoulder on our left (her right) looks a little.. flat (unshaded), and her eyes seem to be facing in ever-so-slightly different directions. but she's amazing :eek: nice work!

grafik
07-07-2004, 10:38 AM
thanks all,

I agree with you DrakeX, only now i see it, thanks!

THE_Dave
07-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Looks nice. One thing that pops out at me is where the hair connects to the head; it kind of looks like hair plugs on a doll. Other than that it looks great.

The-13
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Awesome work. I'm going to comment on what dave said though. He's right. It does look as though the hair is coming out in groups. Well as he said almost like a doll. Other than that nice piece!

laurasilva83
07-11-2004, 12:19 PM
woow she is very beatiful! nice work!

3dMasterKim
07-11-2004, 04:14 PM
it's amazing that it's only your first painting..

good job

Supervlieg
07-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Nice job!

IMO a few things need more attention before it would make it into the gallery.
Here are some things you need to fix (if you feel like it ofcourse)

>The hairline is off, doesnt look realistic.

>The hiar itself needs more detailing

>Her chest (above the breasts) looks really flat, the area between her breasts has a shadow that is off.

>Here clothes dont look right. It needs some wrinkles

>The pattern on the dress doesnt follow the contours of her body, makes it look weird.

>The shadow under her chin is too hard, you need to soften it up.

>The whole image could do with some higlights, especially her skin. Try a little highlights on the tip of her nose, her lips, cheekbones and shoulders.

But then again, this is just how I see it, and you may think different about the points.
Good luck!

3thumbs
07-11-2004, 07:31 PM
does anyone see the ironic resembalance to our all time favorite tomb raider?
or is it just me?
-3thumbs-
great work though...looks a little off highlights on skin would do well

DrakeX
07-12-2004, 12:31 AM
"does anyone see the ironic resembalance to our all time favorite tomb raider"

i noticed that too :D

peachstapler
07-12-2004, 01:40 AM
There's a dark stroke on the left side of her nose that you could do without.

JZA
07-12-2004, 08:16 AM
The outlines around her shoulders are weird, it looks like you painted the thing on a dark surface and the cropped and pasted it over the blue sky, and it looks like a sloppy job at that :)

Don't like the corners of the mouth too much, esp. her right one (left in the image). Agree with supervlieg's points, in particular the comment about the shadow under her chin.

The whole thing just seems too 'tense', perhaps you should spend less time on your next drawing to loosen up your style.

JZA

grafik
07-12-2004, 09:47 AM
thanks all people, i was thinking in improving my first work, now i know i have to.

billy the kid
07-12-2004, 10:50 AM
great stuff man, i agree about the hair, bring it forward. the top left edge of her nose looks a little hard, maybe soften it a bit.

good stuff champ!

grafik
07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
"does anyone see the ironic resembalance to our all time favorite tomb raider"
maybe she can look like her because of her lips, but i guaranty to you she is 100% portuguese, this was made as a reference of a model from my country! eh eh!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.