PDA

View Full Version : Support Junk Mail from CGTalk

Stoehr
07-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Is anybody else getting 10 or more auto-responses from the CGTalk support staff per day? I've never written CGTalk support, but now I'm gettting a boat load of repeated mail in my inbox. I thought about e-mail CGTalk support, but then realized I might be feeding the Catch-22. I wanted to ask others to see if someone was trying to be malicous or annoying.

Here's the message I'm getting:

Subject: CGTalk auto-responseDate: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 03:57:56 GMT From: webmaster@cgtalk.comTo:
Thank you for emailing the CGTalk.com support mailbox. Due to the amount of email that comes through this account, please note of the following:1. General support requests are to be posted in the CGTalk support forum here:http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79 (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79)2. Questions that are already addressed in the CGTalk support forum will not be answered.3. This is a technical help desk specifically for CGTalk usage - it is not for any of the following:- Where did my post/thread go?- Why was my post/thread deleted?- Forum requests- Moderation requestsThank you,CGTalk.com

Leonard
07-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Sounds serious. I'll get Rob to look at it first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,

L.

Mibus
07-16-2004, 01:29 AM
It's probably spam with your email address forged as the sender... the auto-responder would be seeing that "you" sent mail and responding.

I'll add your email to the list of emails to ignore responding to :)

Shortly we'll be changing email setup for webmaster@cgtalk, which will hopefully resolve this problem more permanently.

Mibus
07-16-2004, 01:38 AM
OK I've disabled the auto-responder entirely. It'll go back on when we switch configurations.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.