PDA

View Full Version : cameras, lines and pass

authentic
07-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Ok. I wanna know if we can activate, desactivate the toon ink lens of the camera depending on the pass. In fact I have some toon material assign to objects and i wanna render ink only in another pass. I know there is an option "ink only" but i wanna that it is automaticaly enable in a pass and disable in an other.

On an other way is there a way to make the material of clusters active in a pass but not in another ???

thanx all

olf
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
hi, authentic!
i've just had the same problem and I didnt find another way but to duplicate the camera so that you have two cameras that are exactly the same including all animation if you have some on the cam. I applied the toon ink lens on this cam, set it "ink only" and chose it in the render options for my seperate lines pass. so you have two passes, each using an individual camera, one without ink lens, the other ink only.
but i don't know if there's an easier way to deal with this...
besides I also had trouble with the ink lens, setting up a RGBA matte pass, the lines appeared for objects that were actually invisible due to the matte settings... does anyone know how to deal with that?
cheers, olf

authentic
07-07-2004, 07:47 AM
thanx for your solution. In fact I thought of that possiblity but i was looking for a better solution to be automatically use in production.

JDex
07-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Just duplicate the camera w/o options and use a constrain pose... all should follow accordingly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.