PDA

View Full Version : Need help on modeling puzzel pieces with nurbs

love2exelere8
07-04-2004, 09:54 PM
hey guys, I'm modeling four pieces of a puzzel together. The problem I have is that I cant figure out how to make the seams between the pieces. Take a look a this picture so u can get an idea of what im making http://www.geocities.com/love2exelere8/index.html

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions pls let me know, any help would be appreciated.

thanx.

mef
07-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure of the software you're using, but I had to do something similar in Max. Once I made the shapes I just extruded and it caps it automatically. If your software doesn't do auto capping when it extrudes, then you'll have to cap it manually. If it's still not capping well, you may need to build the faces by hand and then attach them to the extruded shape. If that doesn't work you may still be able to build the extrusion and the cap seperatly and then just group them together.

I hope this helps you, or at least points you in the right direction.

Marc

love2exelere8
07-07-2004, 02:08 AM
hey, thanx for ur help. I'm using maya 6 and I've solved my problem now.

thanx again.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.