PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up CGTalk Site Admins

baber
07-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey Dear Admins and reallted persons

I hope you will be really fine and also have lots of work load on your shopulder. But we poor CGTalk users are having some problems in using your srvices like email notifications. Some guys are getting redundant notices for the same post. Its not good and secondly email notification does not work altogather.

Please do chek your software and remove the bug. I think you will never compromise on quality service to your users.

Baber
Pakistan

ambient-whisper
07-04-2004, 06:59 PM
leonard is on vacation, so until he gets back youll have to be patient

leigh
07-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I haven't received a single email about this in the webmaster email. That is the place to report such problems, not here on the forum.

Mibus
07-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi guys,

I've looked into this as best I can, and from what I can tell the emails are getting generated properly, and being forwarded to the correct mail server, which is accepting the email. It is clear that emails don't get through, so my guess is it's a simple mail-spam-filter that is incorrectly identifying CGTalk emails as spam.

I signed up with a hotmail account, and although I got the initial registration emails, I didn't get notifications (even though they were sent to the hotmail mx server).

After much further investigation, it seems that some domains just don't accept any emails that are sent via the database (if multiple emails are to be sent, CGTalk will just make a list in the database and send them later, if it's just one email it'll send it there and then. Note that by "later" i mean "over the next few seconds" - VB splits emails into groups of five and sends them that way, so you don't have excessive page-loading times when you've just posted, as it emails 100 people subscriptions.).

I really don't see why it's not working, so I'm gonna leave Leo a note for when he gets back (from his well-deserved vacation).

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.