PDA

View Full Version : Thomas4d Rigging Tools V2 W.I.P movie

T4D
07-03-2004, 04:10 PM
http://www.thomas4d.com/BetaMovie_001.mov

getting near the end of version 2
I got stop starring facial rig in there now there will be another version of the Stop starring rig will be in the final version as well as the one that's shown

Version 2 will have
4 facial riggers (boned, toon and 2 stop starring inspired riggers )
2 quad riggers ( bone control, object controls )
3 body rigger ( bone controls , object controls & CG Human Rigger )

plus some cool new animation tools:thumbsup:

the main idea behide the next version is to rig Real human characters check out the movie and tell me what you think.

the body and arms are one weight map with afew bones setup by the plugin for good shoulder, elbow, hip and knee joints deformation
all done by bones using very simple weight maps
( rigs will be quicker and easier to make then version 1.7 )

price will stay as it is untill the Version 2 is released ( v1.7 users get the upgrade free )

st45
07-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I've been very interested in your rigger. I decided that before I bought any rigging tool I would learn how to rig myself. I think I've got a pretty good bead on that now, so I'm looking for ways to reduce the rigging time.

My question is, what are the required preparation steps prior to running your rigger? Could you provide a link to instructions that explain what I've got to do to my bones/skellegons to let your rigger read them? (Naming conventions, etc.)

T4D
07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
For the next 2 weeks i'm working on documention and video tutorials that will explain Everything the plugins do,
You do have to stick with a naming convention And I will give out a list :)
also there's skelegon setups ready to load up and uses with the package

I made these tool for my own rigging need st45 so seeing you know rigging the plugin creates a standard Lw rig with no plugins or expressions attached
you will fine it easy to change and make the rigs your own without having to doing all the boring stuff :D

There's less weight maps and setup time for complete face and body rig can be done in under 5 mins
the plugins will uses some cool New features of lw 8 & will still work in lw 7.5c

the manual for the current version is here http://www.thomas4d.com/manual.html there's a list of the weight maps i uses in this old version ( less in V2 )

wok
07-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Man, i'm spewing. I'm missing out on these tools!!!!!! I've been travelling around India for more than 6 months, and haven't had a chance to sit infront of LW for ages!!!! I think i'm having withdrawals!!!! Anyways the rigging tools look great and i'll be buying them as soon as i get home!!!!!

Well done and keep up the good work T4D!!! :thumbsup:

tnyplz
07-04-2004, 09:24 AM
It looks to be very helpful! Let me know when you are done so I can check it out!

Tony

robkoni
07-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Looking Sweet Thom :bounce:

chikega
07-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey Thom,

Could you throw in that expression to drive the bump map - wrinkle on the forehead? I've yet to see a tutorial on it. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.