PDA

View Full Version : Source node operation like in Flame?

digimatte
07-03-2004, 02:55 AM
Hi. Recently I was using Flame (which I know little about) on a project requiring me to paint out a tattoo on the back of a lingerie model.

I realized I was getting some vibrations on the painted area and consulted a fellow student who knew a lot about Flame and told me there's a way to use a "Source Node" to take an area or sample painted section and track it on the area in question. My poison is Shake for now (until I take the Flame class next quarter) so he told me to look for the equivalent in Shake.

The project's done for now but for future knowledge, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on doing this in Shake like in the Flame.

Thanks.

justin

Byla
07-04-2004, 04:57 PM
In shake 3.5 I know that is possible and so it is with plugins that are expensive. I guess the best way would be to read tutorials that came with your shake. They are awesome. And far more advanced than I am :sad:

Aneks
07-06-2004, 03:43 AM
You are doing a basic removal, in this case a tatoo right !!??

Your friends suggestion is that you cut a whole in the FG and slip the BG so that an area of bare skin shows through the hole !! yes ??

to do this in shake :

-Simply make a matte shape for the tattoo then track it to the tattoo.
-branch a move 2d off the bg plate and slip it so that the area where the tattoo was is now occupied with bare skin.
-now get a key mix node and feed in your orginal bg your slipped bg and the tracked roto shape as your matte
-make sure to soften the edges of the rotoshape to aid in blending.

or just use a quickpaint and with the clone setting

or make a operation like method no.1 but instead cut out a clean peice of skin and track it to the tattoo

There are billions of ways to do this kind of thing in shake. Source nodes are not needed in shake because you can manipulate or track a fill (rgb portion of the image) seperate to its matte (alpha) very easily. Whereas in flame and more specifically in Action you need to create a source node and seperate axis for each to do this.

digimatte
07-15-2004, 02:51 AM
thanks for the help... i appreciate it!

- justin

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.